Jun 8th, 2010 |
The iPhone 4 and iOS4 got announced on June 7th, 2010. It’s pretty close (read as “same”) to the leaked iPhone prototype that Gizmodo “found in a bar”.
As Steve Jobs said in the keynote, this is the “biggest leap since the original iPhone”. It indeed is, read further to know why
The core features of this iPhone 4 are
- Retina Display brings 4times more pixels – Sending the resolution of the iPhone to 960×640.
- IPS Display – Better Wide-Angle viewing (like the iPad)
- Contrast Ratio of 800:1 which is 4 times better than iPhone 3G(S)
- HD Video recording – Records videos at 720p (it’s HD)
- Frontal camera for Video chat – We’ve had this for ages, but without proper network support. Finally we have it. FaceTime any one?
- New Apple A4 processor – Developed by Apple’s own team. Supposedly manages power better.
- Better battery life – More calls, more surfing. Yay!
- Gyro + Accelerometer – 6 Axis motion detection – Awesome games to come up using this.
- 5MP Camera with LED Flash and 5x Digital Zoom
- 802.11n – Yes WiFi ‘n’ ready.
- Dual Mike for Noise cancellation – Yes, now you don’t have to push your phone into your ear and talk less louder.. will ya.
- New Stainless steel body to make it studier in case of accidental fall.
- 24% thinner than iPhone 3GS – Surely gonna fit well in my pocket.
- New glass material used in aircrafts and high speed trains which is 12 times harder than plastic. I am sure there’ll be a group of users who’ll still manage to break it.
The iOS4.0 as earlier announced provides
- The OS can now support Multi tasking applications. So you can now listen to music, surf the web and tweet at the same time.. Aah paradise.
- Has Video chat as earlier discovered by curious developers for the folks who wish to get “closer”.
- Unified Inbox – Much awaited, helps manage multiple email boxes (I’ve got 5) and threaded conversations to make life easier.
- iBooks – For the book worms in iPhone users
- Folders – so that you can manage/group/categorize your apps together.
- Home screen wallpaper
- Tap to focus in Video
- Spell checker
And tens of other features (100 new features).
The new iPhone is to be released in 5 countries on June 24th (pre orders starting from June 15th 2010) at a price tag of 199$ for the 16GB iPhone and 299$ for 32GB iPhone. You can bid the 2 year old iPhone 3G good bye like how iPhone 2G was killed off with the release of iPhone 3G(S).
Check out some other pictures of the iPhone are below
Go to Apple’s iPhone4 Gallery to catch up more. So what are you waiting for, Go and watch the Apple WWDC 2010 Keynote.
Liked this article? Like us on Facebook!