Google India has launched a portal for 15th Indian general elections to be held in the upcoming weeks. The elections, considered to be the largest democratic event in human history, will see more than 700 million voters from across India participate over a period of 4 weeks.
In collaboration with Hindustan Times, the new portal from Google aims at helping people become an informed voter. You can start by selecting your constituency and then get information like the latest election news, MP profiles, constituency statistics, candidate quotes, polling booth locations and more.
From the Official Google India Blog:
People from across India can use the centre to do the following:
- Confirm their voter registration status
- Discover their polling location
- View their constituency on a map
- Consume relevant election-related news, blogs, videos, and quotations
- Evaluate the status of development in their constituency across a range of indicators
- Learn about the background of their Member of Parliament and this year’s candidates
With still more features to be added during the election, we hope the site will be an ongoing resource for analysis, governance, and democracy in India after the election.
[Via Official Google Blog]
Liked this article? Like us on Facebook!