Jan 28th, 2010 |
Time to shave and cleanse myself, I said to myself . The Apple Tablet is finally here – which is also the most awaited product from Apple in the recent times.
The excitement level for this product was mixed. Some of us liked it, and some didn’t. Sure it has its own set of flaws. But here you go – It features….
- Has a 10’ inch High resolution LED screen with a 1024×768 resolution.
- 1 GHz Apple A4 series processor – designed by Apple to give the best performance for multi touch features and the awesome games.
- Multi-touch – Not like those stupid Windows tablets we’ve been seeing, the real deal – with as good sensitivity as the iPhone.
- A great battery life with 10 hours of use and 1 Month of standby.
- Built in speakers and the “30 pin” Apple exclusive pin for connecting 3rd party docs/camera kits
- Runs 140,000 Applications the iPhone Applications from the App store in Full screen, Of course there is an iPad SDK for developing specifically for the iPad.
- Comes with iBookStore where one can go download e-books. Suck on this the e-book readers.
- Does iWork – the office suite – specially created for the iPad’s with multi gesture easy use. It heavy on your pocket with 9.99$ each app (it sucks here, we agree, but hey there’s Google Docs).
- Has got the usual Youtube, Safari, Maps, iPod applications for your entertainment.
Comes in 2 models – The normal one is with Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n) and the extended model comes with 3G.
The pricing model is competitive and looks like
|Wi-Fi + 3G
The pricing is very low – At least goes head on with other net books/e-book readers and video game consoles out there.
Now go the rants
- Isn’t available for another 60 days – Damn you – It’s another long wait. It’s okay if you release iPhone next generation on the same day.
- Uses some stupid “MicroSIM” – which here at India – we don’t have. Yes i know, we don’t have 3G either.
- Doesn’t do flash. Yes those who use the iPhone will not complain.
- Why didn’t they put in a camera when the software thinks its has one.
- It can’t still multi-task – Shouldn’t I browse and email on this good hardware at the same time ? Grow up A”ppl”e. I did it on my 733MHz PIII machine a decade back.
A few more pictures here
Stay glued, we will keep you updated on user reviews (Once its released) and will tell you if you should buy it. Let us know if you liked it.
[Via TechCrunch and Apple]
Liked this article? Like us on Facebook!